Okie Pet Rescue Adoption Process
So you found the perfect pet for your family. There are a few things that need to be done before you can take your new furry family member home. We have put a lot of time and effort into getting to know the animals we rescue so we want to make sure you are as much a great fit for our animals as they are for you.
Dog adoption from OPR starts with a general application. The application is used to evaluate some basic requirements for one of our animals as well as any issue the animal's personality may have issues with. Some of our animals come from difficult situations and we want to make sure that your adoption experience is a great one.
Once the application is submitted it will be reviewed and if accepted we will arrange for you to take the dog home. Some of the environmental concerns we use to match adopters with our animals include:
- We do not generally adopt to outdoor-only homes unless a dog requires it.
- Access to a fenced yard is also preferred, but pet-friendly apartments are common these days and will be dependent on the animal's personality.
- Other pets in the household
- Children based on age.
Once approved we can finalize your adoption. OPR's adoption fee varies depending on our cost to treat the animal. You can see each animals adoption fee on the pet's listing. Animals will come with the following:
- Up to date on vaccinations (Rabies, distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis, parainfluenza, and parvovirus)
- Heartworm check and negative
- Parasite check
- General vet checkup
- Lifetime registered microchip2-week trial period